Integrate with us.
Senior Account Executive
Benchworks, an agency that leads life sciences brands forward, is looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive to join us in our Philadelphia (Fishtown) office. This is a perfect position for a confident, motivated, strong communicator who wants to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with great people in a rapidly growing organization.
Ideal candidates will offer a confidence and competency of appropriate mix of autonomy and collaboration with their peers while exhibiting a commitment to process and organization. Looking for an individual with relationship building skills and the ability to contribute to the strategic direction and execution of brand initiatives. The Sr AE functions as a key member of the agency core team and works closely with the creative team and the client on assigned brand(s) to ensure all feedback is actionable and on strategy. This position requires someone who can identify and facilitate implementation of new services or service enhancements as well as manage relationships with cross-functional internal partners, external customer leaders, stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
- 3-5 yr. experience in client management either at a pharma/biotech agency or in-house marketing department; prefer experience working with rare disease brands
- BA or BS (preferred in Marketing, Communications, or Science)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Team management experience
- Manages client relationship and oversees project execution
- Ability to execute projects from start to finish, delivering work on time, on budget, on strategy
- Adept at effectively managing multiple concurrent projects
- Uses marketing and branding experience to create value-added benefits for all clients.
- Oversight of day-to-day project management including brand planning oversight
- Knowledge of annual budgeting and monthly invoicing
- Fosters team mentality and efficient team organization
- Proactive, ongoing dialogue with client to assess/identify needs and/or opportunities for brand
- Works independently to mobilize team/resources to ensure smooth execution
- Owns tactical details of projects/plan via timely, clear project estimates, briefs, & timelines
- Expertly manages communication to ensure timely cross-functional communication & managing up/within the organization for highest efficiencies
Important information about Benchworks:
- Established in 1991 with a history of success
- Agency values high standards of work & rewards loyalty and quality work
- Position may require travel (usually within Mid-Atlantic Region)
- Excellent benefits include training opportunities/continuing education
- Team-based culture
Benchworks, an agency leading brands forward in the life sciences, is looking for a Senior Editor to join us in our Philadelphia (Fishtown) office. This is a perfect position for a confident, motivated, strong communicator who wants to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with great people in a rapidly growing organization.
The Senior Editor is responsible for a range of editorial services, including medical editing, copyediting, proofreading and claim checking of digital and print pharmaceutical advertising materials, internal and external presentations and corporate communications. Candidates should also be familiar with the project lifecycle of pharmaceutical advertising tactics and promote editorial consistency during this cycle through the ownership of an assigned brand(s). Candidate should offer a passion for creativity and imagination while exhibiting a commitment to process and organization. The Senior Editor functions as a key member of the agency core team and works closely with the account team, the creative team and the client on assigned brand(s) to ensure all feedback is actionable and on strategy.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field required.
- At least two years of related experience in editing and publishing.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of AMA style guidelines.
- Experience with Zinc, Veeva, and/or MLR reviews
- Strong knowledge of FDA requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, or similar software.
- Edits for language clarity and consistency, brand and messaging accuracy, correct balance, appropriate tone, overall cohesiveness, flow, organization, style, grammar, spelling, typographical errors and formatting.
- Manages and resources numerous brand tasks with competing deadlines, coordinating coverage with other Editorial team members and Resourcing.
- Represents the Editorial department at internal kickoffs and status meetings.
- Creates and maintains key documents, such as brand style guides and process documents.
- Works closely with Account, Project Management, Creative and other brand team members to ensure all tactics are compliant with client and FDA requirements.
- Claim (fact) checks materials to ensure comprehensive and accurate support.
- For claims; provides submission support as needed, inclusive of maintaining a reference library.
- Participates in the content review process throughout all stages of a job; reviews content of each project for spelling, grammar, clarity, fulfillment of creative brief, correct client and AMA style and appropriate and accurate referencing.
- Provides support for the onboarding and training of new Editors as needed.
- Alerts senior team members and Editorial leadership to project and task concerns and works closely with management and other team members to address these issues as they arise.
- Makes and/or implements editorial decisions concerning the content of the publication.
- Uses word processing software and text management systems to edit and prepare copy for manuscripts and presentations.
- Edits publications according to organizational specifications for style, tone, and length while ensuring correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Works with writers to select and finalize artwork, photography, and text for reproduction.
- Ensures publications are edited according to deadline and within applicable budget constraints.
- Examines physical proofs of printed materials.
- Confirms that publications meet customer specifications.
- Maintains knowledge of developments and trends in the area of content specialty.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- May assist Editorial Director with some supervisory, training, and organizational responsibilities.