Join our integrated team.
We’re currently looking for:
Senior Account Executive
Benchworks, an agency that leads life sciences brands forward, is looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive to join us in our Philadelphia (Fishtown) office. This is a perfect position for a confident, motivated, strong communicator who wants to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with great people in a rapidly growing organization.
Ideal candidates will offer a confidence and competency of appropriate mix of autonomy and collaboration with their peers while exhibiting a commitment to process and organization. Looking for an individual with relationship building skills and the ability to contribute to the strategic direction and execution of brand initiatives. The Sr AE functions as a key member of the agency core team and works closely with the creative team and the client on assigned brand(s) to ensure all feedback is actionable and on strategy. This position requires someone who can identify and facilitate implementation of new services or service enhancements as well as manage relationships with cross-functional internal partners, external customer leaders, stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
- 3-5 yr. experience in client management either at a pharma/biotech agency or in-house marketing department; prefer experience working with rare disease brands
- BA or BS (preferred in Marketing, Communications, or Science)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Team management experience
- Manages client relationship and oversees project execution
- Ability to execute projects from start to finish, delivering work on time, on budget, on strategy
- Adept at effectively managing multiple concurrent projects
- Uses marketing and branding experience to create value-added benefits for all clients.
- Oversight of day-to-day project management including brand planning oversight
- Knowledge of annual budgeting and monthly invoicing
- Fosters team mentality and efficient team organization
- Proactive, ongoing dialogue with client to assess/identify needs and/or opportunities for brand
- Works independently to mobilize team/resources to ensure smooth execution
- Owns tactical details of projects/plan via timely, clear project estimates, briefs, & timelines
- Expertly manages communication to ensure timely cross-functional communication & managing up/within the organization for highest efficiencies
Important information about Benchworks:
- Established in 1991 with a history of success
- Agency values high standards of work & rewards loyalty and quality work
- Position may require travel (usually within Mid-Atlantic Region)
- Excellent benefits include training opportunities/continuing education
- Team-based culture
Benchworks, an agency leading brands forward in the life sciences, is looking for a Senior Copywriter who wants to write, create, and innovate. An emerging leader. A creative wordsmith who understands a client’s business goals. This is a perfect position for a self-starter with some pharma/biotech agency experience who wants to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with great people in a rapidly growing organization.
As a Senior Copywriter you will partner with the cross-functional team, work hands-on an AOR launch and work with the client(s).
This individual should have comfort working across platforms – and demonstrate strong conceptual thinking, presentation skills, and a desire to problem-solve. Experience in digital content strategy, social media, SEO/SEM are all pluses.
Responsibilities include creative concepting, strategic copy support for brand planning and development, and writing copy for a range of brand assets.
- Demonstrate comfort with clinical information and ability to turn “the science” into an engaging brand story
- Understand referencing and annotating of materials
- Have some experience working on a launch brand
- Attend meetings and present work with clear rationale and ability to digest and adapt work to client feedback
- Assist ACD with the writing of messaging and positioning
- Collaborate with creative leadership to foster creative excellence
- Work closely with account team to guide projects to completion
- Work with production team and freelancers to provide guidance and support
- Contribute to a team-focused culture of collaboration and transparent communication
- BA in communications-oriented major or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience, healthcare agency experience a plus.
- Demonstrated promotional copywriting skills, with in-market portfolio samples.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Desktop Publishing Tools
Our Creative team is looking for a creative and talented UX Designer to join our growing team. As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for designing and delivering the best multi-channel user experience for our clients. The UI/UX Designer is an important member of the creative process and plays a pivotal role in the strategy, conception, design, and execution of our client’s brands.
The UX Designer works collaboratively with a project team consisting of Account, Project Management and Creative. The ideal candidate would be one who has the ability to work in an independent environment owning responsibility for final UX deliverables while being the voice for the user. The UX Designer must be able to bring to the team and clients a good knowledge of current trends and industry best practices.
- Develop detailed schematics, sitemaps and wireframes for highly interactive interfaces across multiple platforms
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detail rationale both visually and verbally
- Participate in immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing
- Collaboratively develop prototypes for demonstration of concepts to clients
- Create holistic design solutions that drive business goals, brand vision, and customer satisfaction
- Augment and enhance existing flows and UI components within products
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user centered design process
- Use recent studies and findings to establish the best overall design elements to include in UX design experiences
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs to accurately convey experience to clients and senior management
- Incorporate analytics, user insights, channel specific best practices, responsive design considerations and SEO into your solutions
- Enhance user experience by creating seamless navigation between and across channels
- Combine interface design concepts with digital design and establish milestones to encourage cooperation and teamwork
- BSc in Design, Human Factors, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX design
- Strong portfolio of experience design projects
- Ability to use UX software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure or Invision to create site maps, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment with with design, copy, strategy, SEO, etc. to create top-performing interfaces for clients
- Knowledge and experience with accessibility best practices and certifications
- Ability to problem-solve and innovate
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Experience creating personas and customer journeys
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in Adobe suite of software
Benchworks is a full-service advertising agency with offices in Chestertown, Maryland, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We are seeking a Creative Developer to join our team.
As a Creative Developer at Benchworks, you will support the design and technical implementation of email, banner ad, and web programs. The position will be responsible for building a wide variety of digital assets for our clients, with a heavy focus on emails, banner ads, and front-end web experiences. An understanding of and sensitivity to UX conventions and best practices are a plus.
- Design and code HTML emails using responsive design techniques
- Integrate emails into various delivery platforms, such as Veeva, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Mail Chimp, etc
- Test email layouts across multiple devices using the various testing platforms
- Enhance the email development process by applying emerging best practices
- Design and code HTML and rich-media banner ads to align with media specs
- Develop landing pages and microsites and assist in the development of larger programs
- Act as a creative technologist working with account, strategy, and creative departments
- Champion and implement production-quality, front-end code with an eye toward performance, accessibility, and SEO best practices
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Champion innovation and best practices in development and workflow processes
- Introduce new ideas to push team and agency capabilities
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- 3+ years of creative development experience
- Easily navigate Sketch, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more
- Take pride in developing “pixel-perfect” coded banner ads and emails
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to learn new platforms and keep up with emerging creative and technology trends
- Possess outstanding work ethic
- Ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize and deliver multiple tasks on time
- Natural ability to collaborate effectively across the organization and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and highly-fluid environment
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- CSS2, CSS3
- Adaptive and responsive design
- HTML emails & banner ad development
Do you love Pharma? Would you consider yourself an entrepreneur?
Benchworks is a full-service advertising agency with offices in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts. The Account Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to manage and supervise Benchworks client accounts as an extension of the agency’s leader’s scope of direction. In addition, the account supervisor must demonstrate a commitment and ability to increase technical skills, manage and develop staff, monitor, and control budgets, and cultivate new client opportunities through new business efforts.
- Formulate (in conjunction with leadership team), long-term strategies and programs to position clients in a leadership role.
- Prepare and review all programs, plans, proposals and other major written materials before they are submitted for review
- Develop innovative programs for clients and expand the existing programs
- Stay current on client industries through attendance at key functions – trade shows, special events, sales meetings, etc.
- Create original materials such as features, backgrounders, client briefing papers and industry analysis papers
- Act as senior leadership liaison with client and maintain two-way communications
- Engage client in routine communication to anticipate potential problems before they become issues
- Ensure activities on behalf of clients are executed within budget estimates
- Manage and facilitate high-level media placements, marketing programs or social media campaigns
- Develop social contact with client personnel to strengthen the client relationship
- Obtain thorough knowledge of client’s business and industry and stay current on trade and business media
- Gain the confidence of the client and the client’s personnel so that they seek guidance and advice on a routine basis
- Manage overall budgeting responsibility for account service
- Make sure account executives and staff attain high levels of billability
- Search for opportunities to develop additional business from existing clients as well as attract new clients
- Write proposals for new business presentations
- Constantly review the activities of the account executives and other staff for performance, productivity, and development
- Develop a spirit of teamwork and high morale among people working under your direction
- Enhance the creativity of staff
- Review plans/proposals/press materials, major copy, and edits prior to submission to clients
- Analyze marketplace and profession through journals, trade shows, etc.
- Keep management informed of pertinent activities and potential problems
- Plan the strategic approach and develop a cost budget by task for each project/account
- Establish sound start-up procedures for each client
- Participate in fee negotiation, billing and collections, and client relations
- Help to achieve profitability goals based on budgeted expectations
- Schedule staff workloads to maintain agency-established standards for billable hours and staff utilization rates and minimize staff overtime and downtime
- Train staff through direct supervision of client engagements and review of the work they perform
- Provide regular and direct feedback to staff regarding their performance to promote morale and enthusiasm
- Communicate with the Director or Vice President on a regular basis about individual staff performance
- Conduct effective and timely staff evaluations at the conclusion of projects and participate in semi-annual evaluation and career counseling sessions, and annual goal setting and planning as requested by the Director or Vice President
- Demonstrate the ability to market and sell agency services, and develop a thorough understanding of the services offered by Schneider Associates
- Identify marketing opportunities created through business and social contacts and participation in industry and civic organizations
- Expand services provided to existing clients by identifying client needs and gaining client confidence
- Participate in new business development by assisting Directors and Vice Presidents with new proposal and deck creation as well as presenting to the potential new client
- Lead RFP responses and pitch presentations for prospective clients
- Develop trust and respect from clients, Directors, Vice Presidents and colleagues by demonstrating sound business judgment, effective administrative skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Enhance communication skills, gain industry expertise, and demonstrate independent problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Maintain a strong presence in the community through participation in industry, civic, or charitable organizations as a committee chairperson, speaker, or writer
- BA/BS in Communications/Marketing/Public Relations/Integrated Marketing
- 5-7 years of comparable agency experience
- Excellent media skills with relevant media categories
- Strong strategic and tactical social media skills
- Excellent writer
- Creative, strategic thinker
- Strong initiative, leadership skills and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
Benchworks is a full-service advertising agency with offices in Chestertown, Maryland and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We are seeking an Account Coordinator to support our busy Account team.
The candidate will offer a passion for creativity and imagination while exhibiting a commitment to process and organization. The individual will demonstrate excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to contribute to the execution of creative campaigns for our clients. As an Account Coordinator, you will assist in Account team responsibilities to promote products and services for clients. You will provide administrative support to the Account Team by preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions. You will also assist in researching new clients, competitors and methods of marketing and distribution.
- Development of project briefs, timelines, and schedules
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships
- Uses marketing and branding experience to create value-added benefits for internal clients
- Execute projects from start to finish, delivering work on time, on budget, with the guidance from Account Manager(s)
- Consistently practices a collaborative approach with departmental team members, vendors and clients
- Works with Account Manager and Account Executive to create value added benefits tailored to specific client needs. Desire to build and establish new client relationships
- 0-2 years account coordination/marketing experience in an advertising agency or communications department; must fully understand and be able to work within a fast-paced environment with standard policies and procedures
- Leverages knowledge and understanding of graphic design, creative and production to facilitate effective communication between client and departmental teams
- Strong communication skills to develop and maintain solid client relationships.
- Strong presentation skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of budgeting and invoicing preferred
- Quick learner, adept at learning project management software
- Confident in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, or Science-based Major
Connecting with great people is an ongoing process
Just because you don't see a specific position listed doesn't mean there isn't an opportunity. We're a rapidly growing organization perpetually in search of talented individuals who share a passion for collaboration and innovation.
Areas of opportunity include:
Creative - Art and Copy | UX Design | Content Strategy
Account Leads | Sr Project Management | Marketing Strategy
Let's talk. Drop us a line along with your resume and any samples or links and we will be in touch.