We’re currently looking for:
At Benchworks, our team is built with purpose. We are seeking an Account Supervisor who is motivated, passionate, and confident to work in an entrepreneurial environment. Our goal is to provide an integrated team structure where you can collaborate and create impactful marketing communications for our pharmaceutical clients.
The Account Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to manage and supervise Benchworks client accounts as an extension of the agency. In addition, the account supervisor must demonstrate a commitment and ability to enhance presentation and technical skills, manage and develop staff, monitor and control budgets, and cultivate new client opportunities through new business efforts.
- Formulate (in conjunction with leadership team), long-term strategies and programs to position clients in a leadership role.
- Prepare and review all programs, plans, proposals and other major written materials before they are submitted for review
- Develop innovative programs for clients and expand the existing programs
- Stay current on client industries through attendance at key functions – trade shows, special events, sales meetings, etc.
- Create original materials such as features, backgrounders, client briefing papers and industry analysis papers
- Act as senior leadership liaison with client and maintain two-way communications
- Engage client in routine communication to anticipate potential problems before they become issues
- Ensure activities on behalf of clients are executed within budget estimates
- Manage and facilitate high-level media placements, marketing programs or social media campaigns
- Develop social contact with client personnel to strengthen the client relationship
- Obtain thorough knowledge of client’s business and industry and stay current on trade and business media
- Gain the confidence of the client and the client’s personnel so that they seek guidance and advice on a routine basis
- Represent Benchworks in an appropriate manner with a high standard of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Manage overall budgeting responsibility for account service
- Make sure account executives and staff attain high levels of billability
- Search for opportunities to develop additional business from existing clients as well as attract new clients
- Write proposals for new business presentations
- Constantly review the activities of the account executives and other staff for performance, productivity, and development
- Develop a spirit of teamwork and high morale among people working under your direction
- Enhance the creativity of staff
- Review plans/proposals/press materials, major copy, and edits prior to submission to clients
- Analyze marketplace and profession through journals, trade shows, etc.
- Keep management informed of pertinent activities and potential problems
- Maintain ownership and accountability, with a high attention to detail, for all deliverables
- Attend and collaborate with the client’s Medical/Legal/Regulatory team when necessary
- Plan the strategic approach and develop a cost budget by task for each project/account
- Develop detailed project briefs that Incorporate milestones, project specifications, stakeholders, assumptions, and goals of the deliverable.
- Lead a cross-functional team through multi-channel marketing deliverables based on client needs and timeline constraints
- Implement conflict resolution with team when project difficulties arise
- Monitor and help manage assigned activities to ensure timely delivery of products and services
- Ensure team compliance with client contracts, timelines, budgets.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with low-, mid-, and high-complexity components
- Establish sound start-up procedures for each client
- Participate in fee negotiation, billing and collections, and client relations
- Help to achieve profitability goals based on budgeted expectations
- Schedule staff workloads to maintain agency-established standards for billable hours and staff utilization rates and minimize staff overtime and downtime
- Train staff through direct supervision of client engagements and review of the work they perform
- Provide regular and direct feedback to staff regarding their performance to promote morale and enthusiasm
- Communicate with the Director or Vice President on a regular basis about individual staff performance
- Conduct effective and timely staff evaluations at the conclusion of projects and participate in semi-annual evaluation and career counseling sessions, and annual goal setting and planning as requested by the Director or Vice President
- Facilitate communication between all team members using a positive approach that enhances work culture
- Demonstrate the ability to market and sell agency services, and develop a thorough understanding of the services offered by Benchworks
- Identify marketing opportunities created through business and social contacts and participation in industry and civic organizations
- Expand services provided to existing clients by identifying client needs and gaining client confidence
- Participate in new business development by assisting Directors and Vice Presidents with new proposal and deck creation as well as presenting to the potential new client
- Lead RFP responses and pitch presentations for prospective clients
- Develop trust and respect from clients, Directors, Vice Presidents and colleagues by demonstrating sound business judgment, effective administrative skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Enhance communication skills, gain industry expertise, and demonstrate independent problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Maintain a strong presence in the community through participation in industry, civic, or charitable organizations as a committee chairperson, speaker, or writer
- BA/BS in Communications/Marketing/Public Relations/Integrated Marketing
- 5-7 years of comparable agency experience
- Excellent media skills with relevant media categories
- Strong strategic and tactical social media skills
- Excellent writer
- Creative, strategic thinker
- Strong initiative, leadership skills and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
Work from home solutions offered with flexibility to come into the office or client’s office for meetings, as needed. Travel required for client and internal meetings up to 30%.
As Director, Strategic Planning, you will be a key contributor to the brand and experience strategy of your accounts. You’ll develop a keen understanding of your client’s business needs and requirements, generate insights to inform brand engagement and help solve ad hoc commercial challenges. As a critical thinker, you will work collaboratively with the cross-functional agency team and external partners – including account management, creative, and data analytics across various marketing and multichannel initiatives.
You will support strategic planning and tactical execution, primary and secondary research activities, as well as leveraging data and analytics to generate strategic recommendations and optimization suggestions across multiple key initiatives. You will be able to perform with a high degree of independence, reporting to the VP, Strategy.
- Collaborate with account, media, analytics, and creative teams to ensure that brand and engagement strategies are properly integrated within larger marketing programs.
- Make strong, well-reasoned recommendations to cross-functional teams on how to optimize deliverables over time based on data output.
- Create data-driven multichannel marketing strategies in support of business goals and to drive impact on the business.
- Translate multichannel strategies into tactical plans including all possible online and offline touchpoints with customers, including websites, email, display, social, search, SMS, print, direct mail, video, webinars/webcasts, tele-sales.
- Support the development of, audience personas, customer journeys, and content & message matrices, and competitive landscape assessments.
- Track, distill, and share relevant digital, technological, and innovation-related insights to the broader team while identifying opportunities for applying to client solutions.
- Develop MCM measurement plans & KPIs in partnership with partners.
- Ensure all activities are tied to measurable results.
- Ensure measurement plans demonstrate impact of MCM programs on business performance.
- Optimize and modify MCM programs based on performance data, customer insights and behaviors, competitive activity, and market event changes.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree in science or healthcare preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical or biotech marketing experience with minimum 5 years proven experience in Multichannel Marketing
- Proven experience with various MCM platforms, campaign management, database & sales force CRM systems
- Robust digital and CRM background – inclusive of using various channels to drive acquisition, conversion, adherence/loyalty.
- Experience in creating and bringing to market various multichannel tactics including but not limited to; websites, email, banners, social media, paid and organic search, SMS, video, webinars/webcasts, tele-sales, direct mail, print publications, etc.
- Strong background in generating data-driven insights and recommendations.
- Extensive experience leveraging data and insights to inform strategies and optimize plans.
- Deep understanding of HCP and Patient multichannel principles, inclusive of targeted, one-to-one marketing, segmentation, and the customer journey
- Ability to articulate engagement strategy recommendations to cross-functional internal and client teams.
- Understanding of basic UX principles for design & development of content strategy and customer experiences
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines on multiple, concurrent strategic projects.
- Data synthesis expertise that leads to building solid proposals and recommendations
- Comfort with designing processes and frameworks that will meet business objectives.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and formal presentation skills in a variety of settings: one-on-one, in small/large groups, as well as outside of the organization
- Experience utilizing strategic platform tools and data sources for analysis (e.g., NetBase, Kantar, eMarketer)
- Advanced Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
About Benchworks, a division of BW Health Group:
- At Benchworks, our team is built with purpose. We are seeking candidates who are motivated, passionate, and confident to work in an entrepreneurial environment. Our goal is to provide a space where you can collaborate with a wide variety of individuals while being offered opportunities to do great things for patients, their loved ones, and their healthcare professionals.
About BW Health Group
- BW Health Group is a family of interconnected companies dedicated to supporting and building partnerships with life sciences companies. BW Health Group is led by industry brand executives and strategists whose goal is to help clients and their brands navigate an ever-evolving healthcare system.
Connecting with great people is an ongoing process
Just because you don't see a specific position listed doesn't mean there isn't an opportunity. We're a rapidly growing organization perpetually in search of talented individuals who share a passion for collaboration and innovation.
Areas of opportunity include:
Creative - Art and Copy | UX Design | Content Strategy
Account Leads | Sr Project Management | Marketing Strategy
Let's talk. Drop us a line along with your resume and any samples or links and we will be in touch.